Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm hoping most weir doors are attached in a similar way. I need to know how to get mine off. I should have done it before all of this freezing weather but didn't, and man is that water cold :shock: I just stuck my hand in it to unstick the door. It wasn't stuck very much cause it didn't take much to loosen it. It wasn't allowing enough water in. The skimmer wasn't dry. It still had water in the bottom 1/3, but when I loosened the door water really poured in.
Dang, I'll be glad when we get past this freezing weather :evil:

It is o.k. to take the door off isn't it :?:

I don't know how to take the door off; is it solid, or rubber? Mine's some kind of rubber, and apparently is supposed to have some kind of floatation thingy in it so it floats properly. I had to custom-cut a piece of styrofoam and stick it in there to get it to work properly. If you have that kind, you could just take out whatever the floatation is.

Huh... did that make sense?
--paulr

Mine is plastic with a styrofoam insert for floatation. It just snaps onto a round protrusion on each side. It easily snaps off. If you stand it up straight and look at it from the basket side you can see how it attaches. There are some that have the hinge pins built in and they press toward the middle of the weir to release.

Thanks Bama Rambler. I'm going out there in a few minutes and check it out. Snow hasn't quite gotten to me yet. Gotta have my coffiee first though :-D

On mine there's a flat piece that has the hinges and the flapper door attached. That screws into the skimmer assembly. Mine's a Hayward IIRC.

Mine were sticking closed at one point causing the filter to suck in a bunch of air and it would quit priming eventually.
That drove me crazy until I figured out what was happening. :roll:

I couldn't get mine off. Hands were freezing. :shock: So I took the lid off the skimmer(after pouring warm water on it to thaw it loose) and put an aluminum pole thing that I found in my basement in there to hold the door open. Have no idea what the pole thing was for but it's working nicely keeping the door down :-D .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our pool was missing the weir and several other parts when we purchased our home. The pool was empty as well. I did online research of all the equipment and was able to download all of the manuals for everything. Most include exploded views and part numbers. Some have part replacement instructions. The exploded views can give you an idea as to how a part is installed. I was able to find the correct parts to bring our pool back to life. Having manuals for all the equipment will make maintenance and finding parts a whole lot easier. JMHO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.