Best bag for water hose leaf vacuum?

Jul 21, 2017
McIntosh FL
Looking for recommendations on the best bag for the standard water hose style leaf vacuums. I have a large tree hanging over the pool so the vacuum is a life saver, but the bag has been an issue.

Had to buy a replacement to the original and the bag itself is finer mesh which I like, but less than 6 months in and the string basically disintegrated. It broke while I was putting it on the vacuum but I was dumb enough (desperate enough) to hope I could use it one more time. Nope. Now I have to fish a bag full of acorns out of the bottom of the deep end... I’ve rinsed it off after use so I know it’s not the chlorine or chemicals, just a cheap string.

Which ones have you had the best luck with? TIA!

Since you have no replies maybe a link or pic of the bag you bought that did not work very well will jog some readers ideas for you.

If the bag itself is in good shape how about just replacing the string? You could get something a little more chemical resistant at your local hardware store and thread it through the bag. If you store the bag outside the sun may have rotted the string.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.