Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best bag for water hose leaf vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Best bag for water hose leaf vacuum?

Looking for recommendations on the best bag for the standard water hose style leaf vacuums. I have a large tree hanging over the pool so the vacuum is a life saver, but the bag has been an issue.

Had to buy a replacement to the original and the bag itself is finer mesh which I like, but less than 6 months in and the string basically disintegrated. It broke while I was putting it on the vacuum but I was dumb enough (desperate enough) to hope I could use it one more time. Nope. Now I have to fish a bag full of acorns out of the bottom of the deep end... Iíve rinsed it off after use so I know itís not the chlorine or chemicals, just a cheap string.

Which ones have you had the best luck with? TIA!
    20,000 gallon in-ground fiberglass
    Taylor Complete test kit
    Sta-rite PLM300 cartridge filter
    waterfall feature
    electric and solar heating

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Best bag for water hose leaf vacuum?

Since you have no replies maybe a link or pic of the bag you bought that did not work very well will jog some readers ideas for you.
    -Allen
    IG 20x50 35,000 gal Cayman Lagoon Hydrazoo plaster w/ spa & waterfall, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU Nat Gas Heater, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Polaris 380 cleaner, Meyco solid winter cover, TF100 Test Kit, Built in 2000 & replastered in 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

If the bag itself is in good shape how about just replacing the string? You could get something a little more chemical resistant at your local hardware store and thread it through the bag. If you store the bag outside the sun may have rotted the string.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Laundry sack zip ties & a few tennis balls - will make the ultimate leaf sack.

Search for leafzilla posts.