Best pool robot for bulk cleaning/leaves

Dec 1, 2018
Dallas, Texas
Hey guys,

I am am new to the forum and am looking for some advice regarding pool robot cleaners. I recently bought the dolphin sigma and am disappointed at its ability in clearing the leaves from the bottom of the pool. The leaves seem to get clogged near the entrance of the filter and after a couple hours the leaves are spread throughout my pool rather than getting sucked up in the cartridges. I was under the assumption given the reported large cartridges that this would be a good cleaner for leaves. Now I am looking into other robotic cleaners that are superior in sucking up leaves as I have tons of trees in my backyard which means a lot of bulky debris/leaves at the bottom of my pool in the fall. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey guys,

I am am new to the forum and am looking for some advice regarding pool robot cleaners. I recently bought the dolphin sigma and am disappointed at its ability in clearing the leaves from the bottom of the pool. The leaves seem to get clogged near the entrance of the filter and after a couple hours the leaves are spread throughout my pool rather than getting sucked up in the cartridges. I was under the assumption given the reported large cartridges that this would be a good cleaner for leaves. Now I am looking into other robotic cleaners that are superior in sucking up leaves as I have tons of trees in my backyard which means a lot of bulky debris/leaves at the bottom of my pool in the fall. Any advice would be appreciated!

I have the S300 and I generally subscribe to the rule that the best way to vacuum leaves is to stay on top of surface skimming and never let them get to the bottom. Having said that, we waited a long time to close this year and there were a ton of leaves at the bottom. The S300 handled them well, but it took at least 6 passes, with a very full basket each time (the S300 basket is pretty large).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.