Temperature sensor

Dec 1, 2018
Conroe/TX
Hello to all!
I have a Jandy system and it seems that the sensor is not reading the water temperature of the pool or of the spa. I am trying to heat the pool and spa but the remote stays on ENA and the temperature is blank. Any idea as to what needs to be done to fix the sensor, where do i find the sensor?

Thank you,
Tony

Is the pump on?

The temperature sensor is in the plumbing before the heater. There is a clamp holding the sensor in place and a wire going to the automation box.

ENA means enabled. It's probably not turning on because the pump is off or it's not getting a reading from the sensor.

Is the pump on?

The temperature sensor is in the plumbing before the heater. There is a clamp holding the sensor in place and a wire going to the automation box.

ENA means enabled. It's probably not turning on because the pump is off or it's not getting a reading from the sensor.

+1

Main screen should be giving you a temp display (accurate or otherwise) while the filter pump is on. If you aren't getting anything, either the pump isn't on (pump needs to be on to heat), or if your pump is running, you may have lost communication with the pump, and it is running on its own and automation reports system is off. (IF it is a variable speed pump).

if you have a multimeter you can use it to determine if the sensor... Dirk posted a chart in another thread (linked below) that shows the resistance readings for given temperatures. I'm pretty sure your system uses the same type of sensor so it should be pretty close.

Dirk's temp chart:
Temperature probe bad?

Tom

If the sensor fails, you will probably be able to tell without the bother of ohming it out. It has been my experience that, when they do fail, they do not report a deviation of 5 or 10 degrees, or even 10%, you will get reports in excess of like 250 degrees, 0 degrees, or "temp sensor fail". If you get no temp displayed (LCD) i think your problem is something other than the sensor.

hey Pool Clown, that is good to know AND very timely...

this morning my water temperature reading was 198F ;) Just for kicks I measured the sensor and got .885k, so the ET8 board is interpreting it correctly. It's possible that the sensor is blocked or dirty, but more than likely it's dead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.