Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High CC reading Question

1. Back To Top    #1

High CC reading Question

Hi, just have a quick question regarding CC levels. I tested all my levels tonight and my CC is at 1.2 ppm. I read in the book that came with the Taylor K2006 kit that the level should be at 0. Any ideas of what I should do if anything? My other levels where - FC 2.4 (which I added more to bring level to 7.0 after testing) PH 7.8, TA 70, CH 190, CYA 35. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    320 gal. 2018 Viking Legacy 51 spa. PWW50P3 filter. Two 5hp pumps. APG-U Ozinator system. Taylor K-2006 test kit. City water. Chlorine sanitation. Balboa VS-502

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High CC reading Question

Outdoor? If so, open the cover on a nice sunny day when the sun is shining on it for a couple hours. The UV should clear up the CCs.

Also do you add any MPS? That will falsely show up as CCs.
    Hot tub: Indoor Intex 28409E "Six Person" inflatable. 290 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit with Taylor 9265 Speedstir and TFT CYA test. Using dichlor/bleach/borax/muriatic acid.

3. Back To Top    #3

I normally do not add MPS. Last week I did add 2 oz. of MPS after there was six of my daughters friends in there for about an hour or so. As far as exposing it to the sun that might have to wait until about March here in Michigan, not much sun in the winter. Is it bad to have that CC level that high or could it be from the MPS last week?
    320 gal. 2018 Viking Legacy 51 spa. PWW50P3 filter. Two 5hp pumps. APG-U Ozinator system. Taylor K-2006 test kit. City water. Chlorine sanitation. Balboa VS-502

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure how long MPS will show up as CC, but it seems likely that's probably what's happening here.
    Hot tub: Indoor Intex 28409E "Six Person" inflatable. 290 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit with Taylor 9265 Speedstir and TFT CYA test. Using dichlor/bleach/borax/muriatic acid.

5. Back To Top    #5

So is it ok to have a level that high? Will it eventually go down by itself or is there something I should be doing? Thanks in advance

6. Back To Top    #6

You can do a SLAM to see if that will lower the cc if you would like. Here is a link to it:
    Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

This might be a good idea since your FC went below the recommended level for your CYA as seen in this chart:
    Pool School - Recommended Levels

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit