Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Donít understand how to use a vacuum head

1. Back To Top    #1

Donít understand how to use a vacuum head

I ďget itĒ in theory. Before I go invest $ on a hose, I donít know how to hook it up to skimmer and I donít know how it will pick up these big heavy leaves there are so many..
    In Ground 45,000 Gallon Pool, 3-10 feet deep. DE Filter: Hayward D. E. ProGrid Pool Filter 48 SF DE4820 Pump: Hayward RS1500, 1.5 HP 1.33SF 2.00 THP Polaris Booster pump PB4-60 Polaris 3900 Sport Pool Cleaner ​Re plastered in 2004 and new tile

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Donít understand how to use a vacuum head

You should be netting out the bulk of the leaves.

Most skimmer's accept skimmer plates. They go above the skimmer basket and the suction vac hose goes into them. That way the leaves are caught in the skimmer basket. Or you can get a leaf catcher that installs along the hose and also captures the leaves.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

You will be suprised just how much suction will be in the vac head. The skimmer doesnt really look like its pulling water in, but it is, now take all that water area of the skimmer and concentrate it into the small hose.
    Mine can suck up a leave from a foot away.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok can someone send me a link of pics of what I need to buy? I didn’t know about the skimmer plate. And the leaves go in there?
    In Ground 45,000 Gallon Pool, 3-10 feet deep. DE Filter: Hayward D. E. ProGrid Pool Filter 48 SF DE4820 Pump: Hayward RS1500, 1.5 HP 1.33SF 2.00 THP Polaris Booster pump PB4-60 Polaris 3900 Sport Pool Cleaner ​Re plastered in 2004 and new tile

5. Back To Top    #5
    23000 gal gunite plaster pool Jacuzzi Magnumforce pump and Hayward 325 Cartridge filter Maryland
    The answer to 90% of the questions are "Add more Bleach" "get a good test kit"

6. Back To Top    #6

quite a few videos on YouTube on how to hook it up.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!