Running a hose from.the well spigot.

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Is it safe to run a hose straight off the well spigot? The well spigot is closer to some trees that I want to water so I don't have to connect two hoses together. However when we moved into the house the previous owner suggested that using that spigot would cause the system to oscillate and in turn, cause one of the pressure tanks by the water storage tank to fail. I thought about asking the guys who do our salt service but they always deliver in the morning while I'm at work.

I think most people are reluctant to answer given so little details and no images. However, you shouldn't have an issue as long as everything on the system is functioning properly.

I assume you are pumping the well water to other areas on your property, so why wouldn't you be able to pump it right at the well? Makes no sense as to what the previous owner was stating. If while running your water the system "oscillates" or pulsates I'm assuming, then you have a component failing within the system. In that instance, most likely the bladder has failed within a pressure tank. There should be an an air valve on top of your pressure tank that you can check for such. If it is water logged then you'll need to replace it.

Good luck,
Ralph

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.