Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Sea salts in hot tub

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead Sea salts in hot tub

Does anyone use these in their hot tub?
    any opinions on whether this is a good idea?
    Tega Cay, SC
    2016 build 16x32 polymer IG-Speck BaduMV 2.4 hp variable speed pump-individually run 2" plumbing-4 returns-1 skimmer-Doheny Discovery robot-
    jetted bench-Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter-Circupool RJ60+ SWG-Hotspot FPH heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dead Sea salts in hot tub

Any opinions on this?
    Tega Cay, SC
    2016 build 16x32 polymer IG-Speck BaduMV 2.4 hp variable speed pump-individually run 2" plumbing-4 returns-1 skimmer-Doheny Discovery robot-
    jetted bench-Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter-Circupool RJ60+ SWG-Hotspot FPH heater

3. Back To Top    #3

What are they chemically made of? If salt, no big deal.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

4. Back To Top    #4

Various salts of Magnesium, Potassium, sodium, and various minerals.
    Tega Cay, SC

5. Back To Top    #5

You do not show a hot tub in your signature but you can try them. As it is a hot tub and is drained every few months there should be no issues.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

6. Back To Top    #6

What is the purpose of using it?

Do you have a link?
    17,000 gal 20' x 34' Polymer freeform pool, All Hayward products: Aqua plus 16v w/ SWG & Aqua connect, Summit 140k btu heat pump, Tristar VSP 1.85HP, 1 Universal Colorlogic light, 1 320 Colorlogic light, 1 4' lighted Sheer Descent, 2 Pentair Magic Bowls

7. Back To Top    #7

Sfsalt.com
    Tega Cay, SC

8. Back To Top    #8

Don't know anyone that uses salt without SWG in a spa. But if you use it and don't like it, it's easy to just change the water.

Not sure you are going to get any benefit from it. But try it and let us know what you think

17,000 gal 20' x 34' Polymer freeform pool, All Hayward products: Aqua plus 16v w/ SWG & Aqua connect, Summit 140k btu heat pump, Tristar VSP 1.85HP, 1 Universal Colorlogic light, 1 320 Colorlogic light, 1 4' lighted Sheer Descent, 2 Pentair Magic Bowls

9. Back To Top    #9

I know one person who puts Epson salts in his tub.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

10. Back To Top    #10

JZ-I am going to be using the salts in conjunction with a SWG. Supposedly there are health benefits to the skin as well as with absorption of potassium, magnesium, trace minerals, etc through the skin. I don't really know more than reading accounts over the internet, but some very interesting stories of healing properties... ymmv.....��

- - - Updated - - -

Maddie-Did the person like the Epsom salts?
    what Kind of benefits did they see?

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by GamecockTim; 11-21-2018 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Double post
    Tega Cay, SC

11. Back To Top    #11

Tim,

Sounds like a lot of "magic" but no rabbit to me...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

12. Back To Top    #12

I use Sodium bromide with a SWBG. I just converted recently. I don't know if there's any health benefits. The water feels smoother though.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Tim,

Sounds like a lot of "magic" but no rabbit to me...

Jim R.
    Lol

14. Back To Top    #14

Jim- you are probably right... but a lot of people like to go to Israel to float in the Dead Sea. The salt concentration is probably 20,000x that of the hot tub though!
    Tega Cay, SC

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by GamecockTim View Post
    Jim- you are probably right... but a lot of people like to go to Israel to float in the Dead Sea. The salt concentration is probably 20,000x that of the hot tub though!
    Are they doing that to:

- Go to Israel?
    - Float in the Dead Sea
    - Or gain any real physical health benefits?

I have found floating off the coast of Maui with the whales makes me feel great. But I have not figured out how to fit the whales in my hot tub yet.
    -Allen
    IG 20x50 35,000 gal Cayman Lagoon Hydrazoo plaster w/ spa & waterfall, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU Nat Gas Heater, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Polaris 380 cleaner, Meyco solid winter cover, TF100 Test Kit, Built in 2000 & replastered in 2017

16. Back To Top    #16

Even more hot tub 1450ppm
    Regular ocean about 50,000ppm
    Dead sea is almost 500,000ppm

But good luck on your science experiment

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by ajw22 View Post
    Are they doing that to:

- Go to Israel?
    - Float in the Dead Sea
    - Or gain any real physical health benefits?

I have found floating off the coast of Maui with the whales makes me feel great. But I have not figured out how to fit the whales in my hot tub yet.
    Here you go

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jza1736 View Post
    Here you go
    That works for me about as well as this works for the OP ...

Salt-Shaker.jpg
    -Allen
    IG 20x50 35,000 gal Cayman Lagoon Hydrazoo plaster w/ spa & waterfall, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU Nat Gas Heater, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Polaris 380 cleaner, Meyco solid winter cover, TF100 Test Kit, Built in 2000 & replastered in 2017

19. Back To Top    #19

The mind is a powerful tool. If you think it's working, then it just might.

20. Back To Top    #20

It sounds exotic and is sourced through the internet....it must be science, right?! ��
    Tega Cay, SC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast