Instructions on EasyTouch & midtex 187 32c200 relay

Doug,

To use an Aux relay to control a valve, the relay must be a SPDT or DPDT relay. Basically it must have a Normally Open and a Normally Closed set of contacts.

For the EasyTouch to drive the relay, it must have a 24 VDC coil. You basically send 24 VAC to either the red or white actuator wires, causing the valve to drive to one limit or the other...

Here is a crude schematic... I added a transformer to my ET because I wanted to make sure I did not blow up the main board which was under warranty. I suspect that the 24 VAC from the main board would work just fine, I was just not willing to sacrifice my board to find out.. :p

dbtgallery.php

You will need one free aux relay for each actuator, unless you want both valves to move at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Awesome. Thank you. I would be interested in having 2 actuators move at the same time on one aux button (move to in-floor system from pool return and move to main drain from skimmer). The Midtex 18732C200 relay should be arriving this weekend.

Do you have a link for a recommended transformer? I would rather avoid having any warranty issues using the easytouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.