Buying a SWG

New2Me said:
If it is a flippin huge pool, do you have a flippin lot of space to add equipment? And a flippin huge amount of cash to add equipment? What is the chlorine demand for your pool? How long do you run your filtration system? Do you have hard make-up water? Do you want ease of use, and/or ability to handle complex configuration? Use with automation system/controller? When it stops working (and it will, they all do at some point) will you want to attempt to restore it to operation yourself, or call a warranty service tech (got a long warranty?)
I would advise you to use the next few months to download several of the manufacturers owners manuals, and read them to compare/contrast their systems.
Can you understand their basic operation, and how to change the control parameters, or set/remove alarms?
Does the installation and maintenance seem different from the others?
How can you tell if it's working or needs to be cleaned, how do you clean it, and does the cleaning require parts that aren't included?
A lot of my views on these items were discussed in this link "Is there no tech support?" - http://www.troublefreepool.com/is-there-no-tech-support-t17866.html
It always pays to do your Homework!
Good Luck, and Best Wishes!!!

Well For 1 I deal with HHO generators which are basicly the same .Build up of minerals inthe cell .I use about 200$ worth of chlorine a season thats not including any other chemicals like Acids and shocks.I been doing alot of Reading how to how much salt and how much these break down. during the normal week i run my pump 8 hours a day .when we swim it runs durning swimming and another 24 hrs after. I rarely have other issues but i think spending the 12-1 5000 on a SWG will save me that much in 3 years from chlorine . Not to mention not smelling like bleach when your done swimming.

Smelling like bleach has nothing to do with how you add/make chlorine; it is an out of balance pool and you are smelling chloramines! A SWCG that is overproducing chlorine will also give off the smell that you mention. A properly balanced swimming pool will not smell at all :wink:

From what I understand, Resilience is no longer available. Anyone have information on that?

Also, regarding the Pentair system, what is the flow rate needed for that manifold? That's alot of cells to put in line. What kind of space do you need to mount all the transformers? 25 cells is about 50 lbs/day output.

Las Vegas regulations are fairly simple, you have to be capable of feeding 3 lbs per 10,000 gallons per day for an outdoor pool. For an indoor pool, it's 1 lb per 10,000 gallons.

Have you looked at the Pool Pilot commercial system?

Poolsean said:
From what I understand, Resilience is no longer available. Anyone have information on that?

Also, regarding the Pentair system, what is the flow rate needed for that manifold? That's alot of cells to put in line. What kind of space do you need to mount all the transformers? 25 cells is about 50 lbs/day output.

Las Vegas regulations are fairly simple, you have to be capable of feeding 3 lbs per 10,000 gallons per day for an outdoor pool. For an indoor pool, it's 1 lb per 10,000 gallons.

Have you looked at the Pool Pilot commercial system?

Doesn't look like it will matter on the flow rate at this point, as the system has been back burnered :x Cell output does meet Health specs though.

My Vegas job is not a SWCG application, but my core business (R/O treatment and water recovery). The automation already exists there (although no one is happy about it!), what they are trying to achieve is water conservation. The Hard Rock alone dumps 250,000 (not a typo :shock: ) gallons a week end in the season, so they are trying to find a better solution.

I'll plead the 5th on the Auto Pilot............

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.