I'm new to this forum and I have a major problem. My pool, 25,000 gallon inground, will not hold chlorine. All the chemicals are balanced and holding firm. My supplier has reccomended a major shock attack. Three pounds every three hours. As of six a.m. I've shocked this pool 8 times for a total of twenty five pounds of shock. NOTHING!! This has been going on since I opened in May. I'm at the end of my rope and wallet. Why can't I hold FC if everything else checks out fine when the watewr is tested including the stabilizer? I'm on my third supplier and they all say I need to use massive amounts of shock and now I'm worried about the liner... I'm ready to fill it in and make a big flower garden out of it.
Would it be better if I switched to a non-chlorine product? Can anyone give me another alternative?