Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hypertext in signature

1. Back To Top    #1

Hypertext in signature

I was wondering how to create a hypertext in my signature to link to my build thread. I’ve seen it but not sure how to do it.
    My Pool Build 2018—League City, TX: 16,500 gal / IG / 103ft perimeter / 564sf / Pebble Sheen / Depth:3.5’x5.5’x4’ / 7’-spa / 12” raised wall w/3-24” scuppers / tanning ledge / 1,190sf spray deck / Hayward TriStar / Hayward Tigershark / Hayward 2.5hp booster pump / Color LogicLED x 2 / 400K heater / AquaPlus SWG / 525sf cartridge filter / Automation: AquaPlus w/aquaconnect

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hypertext in signature

J,

I would assume that you just go to the build thread and copy the title that is right below the +Reply to Thread button and select copy shortcut.. and paste it into your signature.

Just like this link is to this thread... Hypertext in signature

Please let us know if that does not work, so I can get someone that knows what they are talking about..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

It's the same as in a Post field:

- Type the word you want to be shown as a link.
    - Select the word.
    - Click the Link button in the tool bar of the Edit Signature field. It looks like a globe with a couple of chain links.
    - Type or paste the destination URL into the resulting dialog box.

Jim's method will also work, but you won't get to control how the link reads. Instead, the system will pick up the title of the linked webpage and display that.
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

4. Back To Top    #4

Build Thread

Thank you Jim and Dirk! But now I have another problem, for some reason I don't have the LINK button for my signature.

Maybe I have a setting wrong??
    My Pool Build 2018—League City, TX: 16,500 gal / IG / 103ft perimeter / 564sf / Pebble Sheen / Depth:3.5’x5.5’x4’ / 7’-spa / 12” raised wall w/3-24” scuppers / tanning ledge / 1,190sf spray deck / Hayward TriStar / Hayward Tigershark / Hayward 2.5hp booster pump / Color LogicLED x 2 / 400K heater / AquaPlus SWG / 525sf cartridge filter / Automation: AquaPlus w/aquaconnect

5. Back To Top    #5

I like Dirk's method much better...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I interface with TFP in a laptop web browser. What are you using? My interface looks like this. The link buttons (make and delete) are last in the second row:

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 4.08.42 PM.png
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I interface with TFP in a laptop web browser. What are you using? My interface looks like this. The link buttons (make and delete) are last in the second row:
    I took this screen shot from my phone but it looks exactly the same on my laptop:
    1D3DAFC8-8C36-4FA6-A063-34F03CE5E1AF.jpg
    No Link button. Perhaps you have to have a certain number of posts before they enable it. Some forums do that.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Huh, sorry for the inaccurate instructions. Could be a "TFP Guide" thing...

9. Back To Top    #9

Let me visit this shortly. The furnace is out at the house so I’ve gotta get a fire going to warm up the place. At 58° inside the family ain’t moving very fast.

For now you should be able to add this to your signature. You’ll likely need to remove some current text however as your signature is kinda long already.

[URL="https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/173891-New-IG-build-League-City-TX"]My Pool Build[/URL]

Should result in this,
    My Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks Lee for looking into it! I can condense it. For some reason I just don’t have the Link icon for my signature.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Do you have the Link buttons when you're making a post? Or are they missing everywhere?

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 10.14.52 AM.png

12. Back To Top    #12

I have the Link buttons when I'm posting or replying. They just aren't there for my signature.

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Lee will get you sorted out... or at least explain what is going on...

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrillo View Post
    Thanks Lee for looking into it! I can condense it. For some reason I just don’t have the Link icon for my signature.
    Just copy the [URL=... line that Leebo posted, paste it in your signature, and go look at your signature on a thread. The link will be there! I too do not have a link button in my edit signature box (at least on my phone) but it clearly says I have permission for BBcode links in my signature. If I type a BBcode link manually (which Leebo did for you) then it becomes a link in my signature. I did
    [U*RL=www.google.com]test[/U*RL] (only without those two stars inside the URL)

Which became a link to Google called "test". Like so: test

That's all the link botton does, behind the scenes. Just wrapped the BBcode URL tags around your text and link. In fact if you quote this post you'll see the actual URL tags instead of the link!
    Hot tub: Indoor Intex 28409E "Six Person" inflatable. 290 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit with Taylor 9265 Speedstir and TFT CYA test. Using dichlor/bleach/borax/muriatic acid.

15. Back To Top    #15

For Leebo's troubleshooting, I find it interesting that I have a similar, but slightly different set of buttons on my mobile signature edit page. For example, I have a link remove button the OP doesn't have (but no link button).Attachment 88877
    Hot tub: Indoor Intex 28409E "Six Person" inflatable. 290 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit with Taylor 9265 Speedstir and TFT CYA test. Using dichlor/bleach/borax/muriatic acid.

16. Back To Top    #16

Jseyfert3,

Thanks for your help! I knew there was a way to manually do it but I didn’t know how. Appreciate it very much.