1st test results using TF-100 kit

I see. The pool has a rock waterfall with its own dedicated pump, which appears to be the same type and size of pump used for the main pool filter. It seems total overkill. In any case, I can turn a Jandy valve a particular direction and the pump bypasses the waterfall and circulates water through a single return in the shallow end of the pool. Since it's a 1.5 hp pump, the return output is quite forceful and does a great job of circulation. That's what I've been using throughout the muriatic acid dosing. Good to know about the offset timing and location for the chemicals.

So with the pH at 7.53 and the FC at 2 ppm, PoolMath is showing I need to add 161 oz of 10% bleach to bring up to 11 ppm as well as another 42 oz of 31.45% muriatic acid to get down to 7.2. And that's about to happen... right now!

It's winter, I'm not using the pool, but would like to get in the spa at some point this season. My TF-100 tells me that I'm now at 18 FC and pH is 7.55. It seems slightly over-chlorinated, but is it safe? Shock levels are much higher, so I think it is not too high an FC. pH didn't seem to budge after adding all the chlorine last night.

Based on your high CYA level (>100) the FC is not too high. As you can see from the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], you are well under a SLAM/Shock level for someone only at 90-100 CYA. The water is safe as long as you do not exceed the SLAM/Shock level for your current CYA. Remember your pH will fight efforts to go low based on an elevated TA level and/or any constant aeration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.