around 20 small insects in the pool

Aug 30, 2009
Thailand
I saw about 5 small creatures in the pool yesterday. They look like insects but can swim, about the size of a fly. This morning i can see around 20.

What is the best way to get rid of them? They are not easy to catch, so i doubt thats an option.

Keep in mind that according to their description, they inhabit slow moving streams and feed on algae. You may need to shock your pool to get rid of their food source, even if you don't see any algae.

There is an article on how to shock your pool in the Pool School. Just go to to the top right corner of this page and click on the "Pool School" link. Then scroll down to the "How To" section and the article is there.

Hope that helps,
Gordon

I would keep it at shock level for a few days and see if they go away. Just as an after thought if they do go away and then come back you might want to think about raising you FC level a little to try to deter them from a Regatta in your pool !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.