Landscaping Front and Back

Nov 13, 2009
Carlsbad, CA
I thought I would post some pictures of our front and backyard landscaping.

We are excited about the end result and watching our yard transform is amazing.

Front yard. Several planters with 2 irrigation, one for plants another for a tree. 3 steps leading to a sitting area and front door. Eldorado stone veneer on planters and some of the walls. Stamped concrete walls finished with faux stone painted. Tumbled travertine cement pavers (still working on the colors)

Back yard.. pool, tumbled travertine pavers, fire pit, sitting wall and finished off with a putting green to the left of the fire pit. Low voltage lighting on colums and around the yard.

firepit.jpg

entryspa.jpg

entryspagrotto.jpg

longview.jpg

DSC_3529.jpg

DSC_3544.jpg

house.jpg

planter.jpg

planters.jpg

DSC_3501.jpg

Jenny I will join in with all the others here that this build of yours is so inspirational. I have studying the pictures you have posted so far very closely to see if there is something I can making an attempt of copying.
For me there isn't a limit of how many pics you can post :sun: just keep them coming Jenny!

Best regards
Mats

I just ran out and took some pictures.. its an overcast cold dreary day.. 54 degrees.. brrrrrr

Thanks everyone and Henry I will keep the pictures coming! We have all kinds of things going on and little changes made daily. The pavers should start tomorrow in the front. They are putting irrigation under the pavers in a few areas with a drip system.. so I can put a nice pot and flowers or plants inside and never have to worry about watering them myself. Also a really cool change we made today was putting in new lids for the skimmer and drain (not sure what these are called) The covers around the pool that you open to clean them out. They are designed so they can cement the stone on the top of it.

I included a picture of the area where the putting green is going.

The pictures do not really show what the 3 rivers flagstone will look like. They are covered in dust from cutting them and the lighting outside is horrible today. I am also having them install the 3 rivers in a few areas around the pool spilling out into the pavers so it's not just around the pool coping.

Mermaid Queen.. I love the shutter-awning also! We are so fortunate to have purchased this home a few months ago and it was built 3 years ago. The entire neighborhood is a Tuscan theme which is my favorite!

front.jpg

DSC_3770.jpg

A putting green is going here overlooking the golf course :p
puttinggreen.jpg

firepit-1.jpg

3 rivers flagstone being installed
pool.jpg

spabeachentry.jpg

Our pavers are pretty much complete in the front yard. I thought I would post new pics. We are expected to have much needed rain all this week so nothing will be happening with the landscaping. The pool is ready for plaster and to be filled after all the pavers are in the backyard.

:)
front-1.jpg

streetview.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/logant/Landscaping/planter-1.jpg[/img
[img]http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/logant/Landscaping/entrance.jpg
entrance1.jpg

poolpavers.jpg

I overexposed this picture and took it a few hours after the ones above when the sun came out.
mess.jpg

That is looking awesome (you sure you want to finish all of that beauty and hard work with just plaster in the pool :cool: ??!).

Great to see the progress! You guys have done a very nice job and will have many years of enjoyment in your new backyard resort :cheers:

NO! I want pebblesheen so badly! Last night we saw my SIL's pool that was just finished with tahoe blue plaster and it is very very moulded.

We need to figure out where we are at this year with taxes. If we owe or if we are getting money back. We moved, bought and sold houses, cashed stocks, IRA so we are stressed about that outcome. Also my 16 yo needs a car this year. Not needs, but I have a 2 yo and I live in my car driving the teens around.. travel soccer year round, and just everywhere in general with a toddler in tow and it's killing me.

Because our pool is enormous I think the cost of pebble is going to be so far out of what we can afford right now :cry:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jennybug35 said:
LOL.. I'm so lost with all the pool terms.. moulted? mottled??? The plaster has streaks and looks old. It was finished maybe 2 months ago.
That's even scarier... if the sister-in-law's pool is moulting, head for the hills -- you've got giant reptiles in that pool! :shock:

But from your description it sounds like the plaster appears to be mottled. Not so scary and pretty common for Tahoe Blue and shades of green. Plaster folks talked me out of grey-green at the last minute for just this reason... but I realize now that I could have lived with a few streaks to get the color more lagoon-like. We all have our preferences, don't you know.

Beautiful!! All that stonework is amazing. I hear ya about taxes...we're kinda waiting too, before we make any plans for this summer's ongoing yard/pool beautification project. Seems like landscaping never ends :lol: !

The landscaping is coming along really well. A few details left, softscape, plaster and water in the pool and we will be done.

While waiting for the project to be complete I thought I would play around with my camera and attempt to shoot and create HDR images. This was my first shot at it and I think the pictures came out pretty cool. All the pictures were taken today and it really makes the construction look almost pretty :lol:

sidehousetopaxz.jpg

house2art2.jpg

emtyppooltopaz.jpg

backyardleveltopaz.jpg

firepit1.jpg

Jenny - great images and great project. The HDR stuff is really cool. We were at this stage in our project not long ago and it wasn't long before a lot of milestones were completed and everything came together. I hope that this is an exciting time for you and your family. It won't be long before you're enjoying your oasis.

All the best,

Jim

no-mas said:
Your pool and yard are AWESOME! Enjoy :goodjob:

I would not know where to hang out :roll: The front yard or the back yard :lol:

Oh well I guess I can stroll back and forth during cocktail hour :cheers: :cheers:

If I was one of your neighbors I would be green with envy :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.