Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
Above ground steps coming out of pool are all very steep, it seems. I guess it is so the steps do not take up to much room in the pool. But do they make steps for pools that are closer to 5 inch high steps opposed to almost eight inch high? The eight inch steps are hard to climb when you are older and have had knee replacement surgery. On top of that the handrails on these steps are cheap and flimsy and really cannot be trusted to fully stay intact. I could build steps, but how to keep them from putting a hole the liner, where they rest on pool floor, is beyond me. Any suggestion to help would be appreciated.

You could put a bath mat under the legs of the ladder. That's what I do in my pool so when the kids are jumping it doesn't damage the liner. The only downside is algae forms under them so once a month I lift the ladder and mat and brush the algae and add some extra bleach.

A thick rubber pad should work.

The design of the steps should spread the force over a large area to avoid puncturing the liner or causing damage to the underlying structure (sand or vermiculite).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.