Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward/Goldline T-CELL-15 fitting/thread size

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward/Goldline T-CELL-15 fitting/thread size

Can anyone tell me what size are the threaded fittings on this stupid salt cell? I can say that they're not a standard 2" or 1.5" pvc union. I was going to use some sort of pvc fitting to plug one end so I can turn it upright and fill with acid to clean it. I'll be danged if I can figure out what fits that thing. Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I can't find a standard pvc adapter to fit it.

Does it come with its own unions for installation? I removed the cell from the plumbing, and the remaining portion of each union is of course still on each side of the pipe.

I've seen the custom end cap that Goldline makes for it, but I'm not paying $35+ when I should be able to easily rig up my own for < $10 -- unless of course they've created some custom, non-standard fitting.

Thanks,
    Phillip
    25k gal IG freeform pool, gunite/plaster, built in 2006; Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/ T-CELL-15 SWG; Sta-Rite S8M150 cartridge filter; Sta-Rite SR400NA gas heater; Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward/Goldline T-CELL-15 fitting/thread size

I don't know what thread they use but you could just use a 2" winterizing plug like this to plug up the end and accomplish the same thing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Phillip,

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I did some digging around and found that it is a 2" fitting with a buttress thread - probably won't find it at Home Depot. If you need it, google GLX-CELL-UNION and several sources will come up. Poolsonly.com had a good description of what is in their kit. I have never bought from them, so can't vouch for their service.

If you just need to clean your cell, the plug Mark described is a much cheaper way to go.

Good luck,
    Gordon
    27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, you are dead on. Here's the response I just got from Hayward's customer support. A "patented thread". That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Translation: the consumer has to pay triple for what could have been a standard FPT pipe thread. That tells me alot about Hayward/Goldline.

"The cell unions are a patented thread that are only manufactured by Goldline Controls. The part number for the unions are GLX-CELL-UNION."
    25k gal IG freeform pool, gunite/plaster, built in 2006; Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/ T-CELL-15 SWG; Sta-Rite S8M150 cartridge filter; Sta-Rite SR400NA gas heater; Polaris 280

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Goldline/Hayward does produce a cell cleaning stand. The part # is GLX-CELL-STAND.

- Josh
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

6. Back To Top    #6

I know this is an old thread but...
    I am looking for the opposite side of the union to be able to connect where the Tcell connects and extend the plumbing. Does anyone know if this is available?
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa

7. Back To Top    #7

There are winterized "blank" cells that could work for your purpose: GLX-CELL-PIPE
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

I wonder if that is a standard 2" pipe? what I need is just one of the fittings off of the end of this blank.
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa