Heavy Rain

Apr 30, 2009
Huntsville,TX
We had a tremendously heavy downpour here in SE Texas last night, receiving 5 inches of rain in about 3 or 4 hours. My pool went from crystal clear, to super cloudy overnight. Checked the numbers and they appear to be spot on. I don't know if it's just all the rain water or what?

Travis

Five inches is a lot; did the pool overflow? You might have dirt washed into the pool, and it just needs to be filtered out. Another thing that might happen is a heavy pollen load from the rain, but that's not too likely at this time of year.

If you post your actual numbers, we might be able to tell if something more obscure is going on; but the first thing to do is just run the filter and maybe put in some extra chlorine, and see if it clears up in a day or two.
--paulr

Pool didn't overflow. I have an overflow drain. No pool in dirt other than what washes off the natural stone (Oklahoma flagstone is dusty). After a day and a half of running the filter, pool is clearing up nicely. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Travis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.