Shopping for Hot Tub - Brand and Feature Help

Sep 2, 2016
Roseville
We are starting to shop for a hot tub and need some help...

Brand: stopped into two local dealers that both have great reviews...one sells Max Spa and one sells Sundance. Beyond service, I think both would be the same, which brand is better quality overall if we are talking about the same price range for both.

Ozone type system or not: does this feature matter? Max Spa dealer was pushing this feature hard as the biggest difference.

Thank you!

The Ozone system is supposed to help with sanitization. Which means you can keep your chemical levels lower.

I have it with a bromine spa. I keep my bromine levels between 2-3.

The downside is Ozone is rough on the cover.

If you run a chlorine spa, ozone is not wanted, no matter what they say (it'll chew up your chlorine).

If you run a bromine spa, ozone can convert bromide back into hypobromus acid, your active sanitizer, which is a plus.

If you aren't sure how to run your spa, read the two stickies at the top of the Spa and Hot Tubs sub-forum. One is a guide for using chlorine, one for bromine. The chlorine one also covers water balance on initial filling.

I've only had mine for a year. It's a premium leisure. I'm happy with it, but I can't comment on the others.

When I first got it, almost every piece of electronics was bad. From the mother board to the Bluetooth. They sent a tech that fixed it all. Great for their customer service, but has me a little worried on how long it will all last

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.