Brown algae before closing now, what to do?

May 19, 2018
Columbia/TN
My pool 18 x 36 inground is currently having brown sediment buildup or mustard algae as I get ready to close. Added Yellow out and one other algecide for brown black, green, and yellow algae. I actually have replaced the filter and 300# sand. Also added non-chlorine shock. Getting ready to close pool added 2 qts of winter algecide, the shock, and metal out .... Still showing signs of buildup on bottom of pool !! Any thoughts ??

Lester, welcome to TFP.

How I wish you'd come here before you added all those products to your water. Most of them are outright discouraged from use here and many of them bring along a lot of problems from using them. And you've spent beaucoup bucks, huh? With all that chemical soup in there, is there any way you can drain and refill?

How big is your pool? What is the pool surface made from (plaster? vinyl? fiberglass?). How do you test your water and how do you normally chlorinate it??

Please tell us:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Have you delved in to Pool School yet?? You'll find a lot of answers there....

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.