Recommendations to replace suction pool cleaner.

Jan 5, 2008
Geelong Australia
Hi there

Over the passage of time (I inherited the pool 11 years ago) I have repaired or replaced the suction pool cleaner that came with the pool. I’m in Australia. The model was a Questa Hydrosweep/Turbosweep and then migrated to a Davey Leaf Wizard. I’ve become fairly skilled at repairing these models but I think seeing they are no longer in production it’s time to consider another suction cleaner. The pool I have is about 25,000 litres and I’ve looked at robotic cleaners but because I’ve had great success with these cleaning dust, leaves and debris off the floor and wall climbing I’m thinking of staying with a suction cleaner.
Not sure what to consider at this stage so any reccomendations are appreciated. I have looked at the Zodiac MX6 but know nothing about them.

Cheers

Hi, we are also in Australia. Our pool is new and we have a robot that was provided by the Pb. I would highly recommend one over a suction cleaner. Although I don’t have experience with suction cleaners, I have friends who have been through multiple in the past 10 years or so. They seem to be always replacing bits. A robot doesn’t require the pump to be running and will clean every little speck from your pool. We love ours so much. Ours is a Dolphin we’ve named Jeff.

Hi there

I think I’m converted. Meaning I’m seriously considering a robotic pool cleaner. So, I’m looking for recommendations on cleaners that have passed the test available here in Australia. I’ve researched some but it’s a a bit of a minefield. Seems like Maytronics/Dolphin are the better brand. But I’ve also read Zodiac CX35 which are considerably less priced. Any advice appreciated.
Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.