aqua pure 1400 cell

dave3g

Dec 20, 2009
2 part question ...I have a Aqua pure 1400 salt sytem with the older style square 1400 cell, I just purchase a replacement kit Jandy Ro452400 3 port it did not come with salt sensor that plugs into bottom port it is brand new in box , the guy i purchase from said you could use the existing sensor that your old system had and this kit has a plug which you leave in instead of connecting and purchasing $200 dollar sensor. The kit seems to have all parts needed , My question is will this work with the existing sensor that is inline before the cell and is there any other parts needed to install this plc1400 cell kit. I was reading that there maybe be a coupler kit that i will need, if so which one. thanks

The new A/P cell sensor combo needs a little more space to install than what the old cell used to use.

IF the port that excepts the new style sensor has a "dead head", and you use your old sensor right where it is now, or has a threaded fitting so you can use the old sensor, then yes you can make the unit function. But i have not heard of such a thing as of yet. I think you need to get the new sensor as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.