The Great Blizzard of '09!

dlduvall

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2009
West Virginia
For all you snow lovers.....20" of snow and counting... :shock:

BLIZZARDDEC09023.jpg

The pool is in the fence here somewhere...
BLIZZARDDEC09020.jpg

BLIZZARDDEC09013.jpg

BLIZZARDDEC09007.jpg

BLIZZARDDEC09002.jpg

The wife and I left for a 3 mile hike at about 2 pm today. Low 70's, so we wore shorts and tee shirts (of course, I always wear shorts and tee shirts, so that was nothing new!). It was nice to be out :cool:

Getting ready to open a bottle of wine and go sit in the backyard by the fire pit (it's down to 64 degrees so I'll need a little warmth!). Don't know how you "snow people" do it!

dlduvall said:
For all you snow lovers.....20" of snow and counting... :shock:

The pool is in the fence here somewhere...
BLIZZARDDEC09020.jpg

Yeah right! You don't have a pool! :lol: :mrgreen:

No, I do! I swear! :lol: (If you look closely between the fence posts in the middle of the pic, you can just barely makeout a patch of pool cover in the middle of the pool.)

Here's the diving board:
BLIZZARDDEC09004.jpg

It looks like a cave! :batman:

Heckpools said:
snow + pool guy = :(

Awwwwe. I'm so sorry Heckpools!

FPM... I'm sure yours is coming! :twisted: Just wait... it'sa comin! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ohhh great pictures!

You guys will all have a very white Holiday!!

I feel for all the pool guys who have to service these pools.

Last Saturday I was sitting outside at my daughters soccer game and it was 82. Today should be in the mid 60s and I'm glad it has cooled off. It doesn't feel like Christmas to me unless it's cool and I would love a day or two of the snow.

Well, it came. :mrgreen: We've got an inch thick coating of ice on top of 3 inches of snow. Not a blizzard but awful in and of itself. I'm was so terrified we were going to lose power overnight.... it's been raining today with the temps above freezing so that helped get the ice off some surfaces but it's still pretty thick in others. Worried about the weight on my pool.... my outside Christmas decor won't work because of all the ice/snow....

This is the Third Day that we have been in this blizzard. 50 mph gust winds with 18" of snow!

I just got in from blowing snow and it took me 5 hours to move it all including the backyard around the pool. I have a mesh cover and rigged up a broom to pull off the snow to take the weight off that succer. Then I take the snow blower and blow the buildup snow around the pool into the backyard.

It sucks once in a while up here int ND but I truely do love this country! I ride snowmobile and as soon as I can get out tomorrow, I may go and take a ride in this fresh snow as long as the wind didnt make it brick like.

Right now its windy and you cant see Crud, but at least the snow stopped.

Nothing more to do now but ..... :cheers:

Happy new year everyone! :cheers:

If the water level was less than 18" from the top of the deck when the cover was put on, the water will support the weight of the snow load. There is no need to remove the snow from the cover. Snow floats. Just like ice.

So, now that the N.E. and Mid West have had their blizzards, the Northwest is next! Enjoy it peeps as much as we have enjoyed ours. :)

Stopped over in Texas on the way back from chilly Orlando today. It wasn't exactly snowing in Houston this afternoon, but it sure was cold!

I dreamt of white sand beaches and scorching hot sun on the flight home.

Surely there must be some place in the continental US where it's hot and folks are swimming-in the New Year...?

I think I have a pool... somewhere under all this snow in SW PA.

And a pic of the river in front of our house... <taken about a week ago>

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.