The Great Blizzard of '09!

:lol: :mrgreen: :p

Yeah I do! Some where! I know I do! :lol:

We have almost an inch of ice on the pool but should be breaking 32 F today. It's thick enough for the dogs to try to walk on it but not thick enough to hold their weight so they have to stay out of the back yard. :cry: :cry: Haven't seen this much ice on pool in many, many, years. Leaves frozen in the ice.

I went ahead and drained the below grade equipment, ran heat tape, and insulated pipes and valves well. Lowered water just below tile, threw in some half filled bleach jugs, and a "bonker" in the skimmer. Bonker=pool noodle, we keep around to "bonk" doggies if fight breaks out. Haven't used it in years. :-D

It is a relief to not have to worry about the old filter exploding and having a few days off from keeping the leaves in check in pool. New filter sitting at warehouse waiting for pickup but I'm in no hurry to try gluing pipes in this weather.

Happy New Year All ..... Go Cowboys :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.