Wet Edge Satin Matrix start up

Re: HURRY QUICK Please help: Are rope hooks needed? What would you do?

I would be more afraid of the plaster patch not adhering correctly or the color being off making them more noticeable. To me they look okay and don't really hurt the pool having them there, but I'm also not the one who paid to have them removed.

Thank you!

But really? Even with brand new plaster installed less than 24 hours ago, you would still be concerned about two patches not matching? It really does frustrate me that they did not communicate effectively.

Mixing plaster is an art, and there is almost no chance there won't be a mismatch.

Aside from that, no company is every going to accept the liability in removing a safety item from a pool. Especially one that is required by law in many localities.

I think I understand what you’re saying John T., but it was stated in a double negative so I’m getting a little confused. Basically, you’re stating that there is a big probability for a mismatch, correct?

Pool finish done. Fill in progress. Can I put in 2 more hoses to fill quicker?

Hi,
Our pool was just refinished with Wet Edge Satin Matrix. The acid wash was just completed and not the pool fill is in progress. At the current flow rate from one hose, I estimate that it will be filled sometime tomorrow when I am at work. Can I put 2 more hoses in the deep end to get our pool filled quicker? Anything against using more than one hose for the fill?

Wife and I decided to call the patch crew off. Based on your advice, and thinking about it more, we would rather leave these 2 rope hooks vs. risk the chance of having two patches that could be visible to at least us.

The project manager is trying to state that because the Cool Blue is white plaster based, it would not show. But, regardless of that, there is still a chance it could show b/c these would be 2 patches done at different time than the yesterday's finish, right?

Re: Pool finish done. Fill in progress. Can I put in 2 more hoses to fill quicker?

I filled mine with two hoses but my water meter limited my fill to only 10 gallons per minute so I had no real gain.

You may want to look at your max fill rate per minute but most residential small meters will only fill a Max of 20 gpm dependent on your water line size.

I have approx 24000 gallons and it filled in 41 hours and change.

Make sure you put a sock on the end of the hose to help with the affect on your plaster.

I will tell you I have not seen a patch that did not show. No matter how soon after the first plaster was put down. That even goes for WHITE plaster. You will always be able to see the lines :(

Good job calling them off. At least the rope hooks look like they belong there so it is all good.

Kim:kim:

Re: Pool finish done. Fill in progress. Can I put in 2 more hoses to fill quicker?

I see. Thanks. I didn't think about that point. Well, just threw in 2nd hose. Forgot about the sock thing even though I had seen that recommended in the Wet Edge start-up video at saw at YouTube. So, put a sock on the end of each hose w/ a rubber band to secure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Plaster is mixed in individual batches. Each batch has some color variation. You did the right thing by not trying to patch it.

Well, thanks you all for the vote of confidence and reassurance that leaving it was the better thing to do. Fill is under way with two hoses in deep end.

31140745317_578d7d6df9_c.jpg

Didn't think about the zip ties. Rubber bands were closer in kitchen.:p

- - - Updated - - -

Tempted to throw in a 3rd hose, but it may not change anything based on what you had originally stated.

Looking good. You will need to calculate your fill rate as it gets dark and figure out if you can leave both hoses running overnight or turn one off so that pool does not overflow while you are sleeping if does not get full before you doze off.

Can't hurt to put the 3rd hose in if you have it and see if it helps. Would be good for you to get pool full before you go to bed if possible.

I have them and never used them. I never even thought about filling them in when we replastered and they don't really bother me as well. Good call.

Simple way to check is go look at your meter and see how gallons or cubic feet per minute is flowing through it.

It should be the fast moving dial with numbers on it. You can time it for a minute to get your number and if you know your approx pool size do the math find out how long it will take to fill.

Yes, been thinking about that. Think I may need to burn the midnight oil, or have a backup plan in place.

Side note, my pool contractor includes the chemical startup. But, I was informed that may not happen until Friday, when the tech could come out. Per the Wet Edge startup video or perhaps the PDF Wet Edge startup instructions, it stated to start continuous filtration after startup, which I plan to do, and test and balance w/in 4 hrs. Do you think it is advisable to test/balance w/ in 4 hr, or should I wait for what I have paid for and have done Fri.?

I already bought and stocked up on extra chemicals in anticipation of doing it myself as I knew their turn around to startup would be a couple days out.

Side note, my pool contractor includes the chemical startup. But, I was informed that may not happen until Friday, when the tech could come out. Per the Wet Edge startup video or perhaps the PDF Wet Edge startup instructions, it stated to start continuous filtration after startup, which I plan to do, and test and balance w/in 4 hrs. Do you think it is advisable to test/balance w/ in 4 hr, or should I wait for what I have paid for and have done Fri.?

I already bought and stocked up on extra chemicals in anticipation of doing it myself as I knew their turn around to startup would be a couple days out.

Test your house fill water and post the results and we will let you know if you need to do anything before Friday.

The only two things you may want to do is pour some liquid chlorine in to keep the FC up. Your house water should have a CL level that will protect the water for 2 - 3 days. Friday is pushing it.

The other is checking your pools PH every day. Your Ph will rise above 8 due to the new plaster curing. You want to pour MA into the water, stir it around in the pool with a pole, and lower the PH to about 7.6. Use PoolMath to determine how much to add.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.