Quick shout out to Bruce and his crew

S&B

Oct 29, 2009
We just completed a replaster of our pool in Northern San Diego County, and I wanted to share a great experience with Gardner Plastering.

They were awesome, always professional, showed up on time, cleaned up after themselves and did a great job. They pumped the pool out on a Friday, demo'ed on Saturday, it rained on Monday, they tiled, installed a new light and repaired a rust spot on Tuesday, applied Blue Granite Pebblesheen on Wednesday, acid washed and started filling on Thursday. By Friday morning the pool was filled and ready to start up.

Now its just up to me to maintain everything, with lots of help from this site.

Thanks again Bruce, you guys did a great job.[attachment=2:2jupe6h6]PC040196 (2).JPG[/attachment:2jupe6h6][at[attachment=1:2jupe6h6]PC050205 (2).JPG[/attachment:2jupe6h6]tachment=0]PC160214 (2).JPG[/attachment]

Attachments

• PC040196 (2).JPG
    PC040196 (2).JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 53
  • PC050205 (2).JPG
    PC050205 (2).JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 55
  • PC160214 (2).JPG
    PC160214 (2).JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 368
Thanks you guys (you know I know who you are!). The pictures look great!

Check in to this site often and stay in touch. Lots of great advice and help here (and a great test kit you might consider purchasing to help keep the pool like new for many years to come). Not much that can't be solved by the knowledge that is shared on this site!

Thanks again! Here's to many years of enjoyment with your family and pool :cheers:

Yeah Bruce, just ordered the test kit, and looking forward to summer already...

Thanks again, I will be checking in regularly. In fact, now that we are up and running, how often should I be sweeping/vacuuming our new pebblesheen, and I understand i need to wait 30 days before I put the Barracuda back in, right?

BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!! The pebblesheen looks great and makes me drool :p

I'm not sure if we will be able to afford pebble when it's time for our finish. If we go with plaster we will change it out with pebblesheen in a few years and I will be looking for Bruce!

S&B said:
Yeah Bruce, just ordered the test kit, and looking forward to summer already...

Thanks again, I will be checking in regularly. In fact, now that we are up and running, how often should I be sweeping/vacuuming our new pebblesheen, and I understand i need to wait 30 days before I put the Barracuda back in, right?

The test kit will be worth its weight in gold in allowing you to maintain your pool properly. Good for you for already ordering it!

I'd brush the pool a couple of times a day for the first week or so, just to keep everything tidy. You shouldn't see much residual (and it may seem like you are wasting your time!) but it just makes for a better end result.

Yup, leave Mr. Barracuda out for now, and give everything a chance to cure out. Once the month is up you can throw it back in and just go about enjoying the pool again!

Funny thing is I am always looking forward to summer :party: :party: :party:

The test kit will be worth its weight in gold in allowing you to maintain your pool properly. Good for you for already ordering it!

I'd brush the pool a couple of times a day for the first week or so, just to keep everything tidy. You shouldn't see much residual (and it may seem like you are wasting your time!) but it just makes for a better end result.

Yup, leave Mr. Barracuda out for now, and give everything a chance to cure out. Once the month is up you can throw it back in and just go about enjoying the pool again!

Funny thing is I am always looking forward to summer :party: :party: :party:

Yeah, I have been sweeping, and have been seeing dramatically less residual as time goes on.

Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.