Tiger River Sumatran Summer Mode Stuck On

May 31, 2017
Lee, NY
Hi everyone,

I have a twenty year old (1998) Tiger River Sumantran that we've been nursing along for the past year or so. Prior to that everything was pretty good with the occassional pump replacement etc. This past spring I had to replace both the Jet and circulation pumps. Once those were installed, it ran fine for a few minutes however somehow it was in Summer Mode, then shut down as the GFCI plug tripped (120v). In an effort to determine what may have been tripping the GFCI I went through some isolating trouble shooting procedures by disconnecting pumps, heater and control panel with no success. In my attempts to figure out what the trouble was I would have to reset the GFCI plug. When I did that after I plugged it back in I'd hear clicking noises indicative of the relays cycling so I replaced both the relays as well. That seems to have helped as the tub stays running and the heater remains on.

So here's the current problem at hand. After I replaced both pumps and before the GFCI tripped, the tub somehow managed to get itself into Summer Mode and I now can't get it to come out of it. This is bad as I live in central NY and it's already getting below freezing at night. I've gone through the Tiger River activation/deactivation steps for Summer Mode, that being lowering the temp setting to 80 deg then simultaneously holding the inc (+) and decrease (-) temp buttons for two secs. Nothing happens, Summer Mode stays on. I've also tried disconnecting the control panel, reset the GFCI and waited to plug it back in, again nothing. It appears that the Summer Mode is functioning properly, that being the heater and circ pump come on for 16 hours then shut off for 8. I say that because earlier today I verified the heater is indeed working and the circulation pump is flowing. Based on the temp of the tub this morning (96), it's obvious that it's shutting down for 8 hrs at some point during the night. Another odd item I noticed the other day was that when I ran the jet pump for several minutes the Summer Mode went away for awhile (not entirely sure how long it went away though). Unfortunately, this morning I noticed that the Summer Mode was back on again so I tried to run the jet pump trick hoping it would extinguish but no joy. As with all electrical problems, they just don't go away, they always return and sure enough.

Any thoughts?

I may have mislead you but there's nothing wrong with either pump. Both are working fine. My issue is I can't get out of Summer Mode. Thinking it may be the control panel. Since I replaced the relays I haven't any issue with the GFCI tripping, of course that's all going to change with this post ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.