Pool Orientation

Mar 25, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
My husband and I are new pool owners. The home we recently purchased has a three year old pool. We took over the weekly service contract from the previous owners, and now are ready to try to take care of the pool ourselves. We are having our “pool orientation” later this week with the service company (that also installed the pool), and I am wondering what specific questions I should be asking as I’m not sure what I need to know! For example, we didn’t know that we should turn off the skimmers when we went on vacation (which led to the skimmers were running dry)... any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

I would suggest only asking about the mechanics of these equipment and operation. And then learning any chemistry from what we teach here.

Personally, I have never worried about my skimmer while on vacation, so that is a very specific issue for your specific pool which must get a lot of leaves. But if you have at least some of the water flow coming from the floor, then you should not have damaged anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.