Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nd: docs wiring 2sp 2HP Jandy Stealth to Aqualink

1. Back To Top    #1

Nd: docs wiring 2sp 2HP Jandy Stealth to Aqualink

Will have the pump tomorrow, also have the 2SP switch for the RS-6 Aqualink coming as well. The on-line jandy doc for this config is poor (non-existent) at best.

Hoping there's a better diagram coming with the pump. Saw this thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/dual-...%20two%20speed, and assuming that the wiring is similar.

Another assumption with the Aqualink: The RS-6 will control the pump such that when AUX 0 (F. Pump) is "on", the pump is in "full speed" and when AUX 2 is "on", the pump will be on 1/2 speed - but nothing in the doc confirms this. Currently, AUX 1 controls the cleaner JVA.

If you've done this before, help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nd: docs wiring 2sp 2HP Jandy Stealth to Aqualink

Yes, the two speed relay will eat up one of the aux.s. Do you have an empty aux to put the jva on? If not, maybe combine seperated lights to open one up. Also, there is the "extra aux" to use if you don't have a solar heater.
    13x28, 8500 gal, basic plaster, Hayward cartridge fltr w/1 hp pump