Best place to order custom handrail?

Waterfan

Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2018
Chattanooga, TN
Our pool contractor has been nothing short of a nightmare and I anticipate we will be left trying to finish it and live with the rest of the issues (like EcoFinish that looks like a 20-year old refurb pool). Other contractors will not touch it. My question is, where do you recommend ordering a custom handrail. One of the smaller issues is that our contractor said a handrail was not part of the contract. I don't see that it is specifically mentioned and I am not willing to give him any more money to order one. The holes are already poured so we can measure that out. Any suggestions on reputable websites?

Looking at YippeeSkippy’s SRSmith link I have what looks like DMS 101 railing and economy 3 step ladder that was left behind when they poured my concrete. These were used instead of my new ones and getting concrete on mine. No one claimed them so I’m looking for a home. Just have some concrete on them. Not sure what shipping is to you but you can have them if shipping is covered. Not sure if it’s worth it to you. Wish you were closer and that’s crazy your PB didn’t include steps in the build. I can measure things for you if you like to see if it’s a fit for your anchor sleeves.

Thank you Yosh. But, we are looking for something more like the Artisian series on that link. This handrail not being included in the build is nothing compared to the other issues. Our EcoFinish looks horrible, the pool and spa both leak. He installed an ET4 instead of ET8 so we cannot work anything he hooked up to the last few functions and we can't even use the automation because it isn't programmed (because he still "plans" to swap it out for what we paid for). Rock is falling out of the rock wall, the concrete stain is coming off. The spa pump does not effectively run the in-floor cleaner and the jets. The list goes on and on.

A BIG issue with handrails is if they are metal they MUST be connected in with your bonding grid. If you pool builder already sunk holes for them, are they just holes or are they proper handrail cups that are bonded? If they are not bonded, look to the Saftron (above) they are plastic coated and not required to be bonded. Adding handrails after the pool is done is expensive. I had an estimate of $1200 for 1 rail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.