Intex Bar Replacements - Now or in the Spring?

Sep 7, 2016
Inola, OK
I have a 26x52 Intex, and I have 2 top rails and one upright that will need to be replaced, in the same area (near where I had the dang-blasted fountain mounted). I have drained about 1/3 of the water to close it. Do I leave "as is" and finish draining in the spring to replace the pcs? Let it sit through the winter (usually fairly mild with only a couple of incidents of hard freezing in NE Oklahoma)?
I would rather let it sit, but one of the top rails, as I flaked away the rust, exposed the plastic button on the t-piece. I just think it would be easier to do in the spring prior to a major cleaning anyway. But, I don't want to risk losing the whole thing by letting the problem sit for a few months. BTW, I have the replacement pieces, got them in a "curb alert". I don't have a replacement liner, and the one I have is still decent, only 2 patches which were done summer of 2017, no leaks this summer.

Thank you!

It's pretty hard to say, without seeing how much of the bar is rusted. Most of the weight acting on a round pool is outward, rather than down. Either the top rail or vertical support or T-bar might buckle (bend out) if the rust is severe enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.