S300 and Leaves

Geebot

Aug 19, 2013
I've been a little busy the last few weeks and have let the pool go unattended (it's pretty much post-season here in Chicago). My backyard is mostly treeless but my neighbors have massive oaks and maples and their leaves are not very neighborly. I tackled a bit of a mess this morning and skimmed everything off the top, cleaned out the skimmers, backwashed the filter and poured in a ton of chlorine. That left only the leafy bottom. My S300 really impressed the heck out of me. I had to pull it out before the cycle ended because its belly was full. The basket was so packed with leaves you really couldn't fit another in sideways. I was amazed at how well it did. 2 cycles and the pool looks swim-ready (assuming it was 40 degrees warmer outside).

Yup, my S300 is a great leaf eater. I normally scoop out most of the leaves before I run mine but the leaves remaining are easily sucked up by the robot.

I've had the 'bot for a few years but have never let the pool get this bad between cleanings. My old Dolphin with the collection bag would peter out well before the bag filled but this basket model literally sucked up leaves until there was no more room (and it's a pretty big basket).

We have the infamous "Santa Ana winds" blowing here in So Cal. right now and I came home to a pool full of just about every leaf and needle type in the neighborhood.

I'm currently running a second cycle and couldn't be happier with how this thing works... The basket is not only full, it's compressed and heavy. The fine filter is full of particulate too!IMG_20181015_181519538.jpg

Reactions: Technikal
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.