Prayers needed please ....

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Yesterday (12/11/09) 2 of our Gandkids mother (30 yrs old) passed away from what Sheriff's Deputy's are calling an "accidental drug overdose". Their names are Christopher (8) and Cameron (7). Please remember them in your prayers as well as their Father (Brandon) and Step-mom (Krystle) who now have the task of raising these boys. Also please keep Marcie and I in your prayers as we help Brandon and Krystal see that the boys heal from this horrible tragedy.

Thanks !

PS. The mothers boyfriend was later found dead at another location after Police had opened an "investigation" into the death. So we "believe" it wasn't an accident .......

How very sad. Those little boys will need a lot of love and understanding from you to help them through this very difficult time. Do you live close enough to visit or have them come to your house?

Thinking of you all!

Anna ... their parents were divorced and they were living in FL with the mother. The dad and step mother are going this morning to get them and bring them back to GA to live. So, yes we will be involved A LOT with this. We raised these boys for a few years when they were younger and their parents first separated ....

The mother always did have a drinking problem then she met this guy, moved in with him a few months ago and .... you can fill in the rest ...

Truly a sad sad situation all around ... especially right a Christmas time. Our church here is helping them with Christmas ....

Despite this tragedy, the boys are very fortunate to have grandparents who care deeply for them; it can make all the difference in the world to young men (and women) growing up in the world. I assert this from personal experience, not as a platitude. One never knows what responsiblities and difficulties life will present us, and when there are opportunities to create positive outcomes, they're sometimes disguised as unbearable burdens. Good luck to both of you.

I'm so sorry for their loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Tiz, my heartfelt sympathies go out to the boys and all concerned :!:

This is a sad occurrence :cry: but humans tend to be very resilient, especially the young - do your best to give them love and support and if I can help in any way from afar - never hesitate to ask of me.

May God's blessings be on Christopher and Cameron as well as Brandon and Krystle :angel: :sun:

I sincerely hope that some sort of good may eventually come out of this!

This is so heart-wrenching...your family and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers 100%. I'm so glad they have such wonderful support from you,your wife, son and daughter-in-law, and I'm hoping the move to Georgia will go as smoothly as possible. May God send blessings of love and healing to you all.

Hi Les,

The silver lining is that the boys are coming back home to Georgia where they grew up, and back to Grandpa and Grandma who provided much stability in those children's early lives. It'll be an adjustment for everyone but I think the boys will have the easiest time of it because they're still so young and adaptable.

That your church is reaching out to them for Christmas is wonderful.

Peace and love,
Anna

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes Anna, they arrived Sunday night here. They seem to be getting settled in ok. They are going back to St. Pete Thursday for the memorial service with their dad and step mother. We had discussed this at great length and since she was cremated and they would not see her physically or a casket it would be ok. They to need some type of closure too even if they done understand. If it had been a casket funeral they would not have gone. Marcie got Christopher and Cameron each a red rose to take with them to place by the urn when they go to the memorial service and Aprils mother will keep the roses to help her think of the "good" times the boys had with their mother when she was alive.

After the service they are going to be finishing up loose ends and such. Apparently school transfers is going to be an issue since April was the custodial(sp) parent as far as the courts are concerned. The GA school system says they have to have something in writing saying he is the legal guardian now, I am sure DFCS should help with that issue as well as all immunization records from Florida.

Thanks for asking about them btw

Do you remember Evan Birnholz, our greatly missed former TFP member Waterbear? He's a teacher in N. Florida - see the May 2008 Newsletter which has a great bio about him. Evan always struck me as someone who'd step up to help those in need and who knows, he may have some insights into how to manage the school transfer and even how to help your little guys deal with the coming days and weeks.

Thinking of you all!

Thanks for the insight Anna. I will pass along the info and see what we can do to speed things up. Apparently DFCS here in GA is going to allow 10 counseling session for them once they are settled here .... and the s.mom and dad are looking at family counseling because there are other sibling involved who were already residing here in GA because in the blink of an eye they have gone from a family of 4 to a family of 6 ! The ages of the other are 2 1/2 and 7 so its going to be hard for them as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.