May 2, 2018
Fayetteville, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

We're thinking of purchasing a SWG for our pool for next year. After perusing TFP I understand that I should size the generator rating for 2-3x our pool volume. The maximum capacity listed for any generator I see is 40k. I'm assuming that I could run two in-line, but I haven't been able to find any information on that.

Is my assumption correct? And if so, is there anything else that I need to think about as far as sizing or install?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum..

For a standalone SWCG (no automation) look into a Circupool 60k rated unit. A VS pump would eventually be a great idea for electricity savings.

I installed a CircuPool RJ-60 (60k cell) on my 25k pool this summer. Works well so far (only had for 6 weeks before winterizing). I ran pump approx 12 hours/day, and set output to ~20-30%. Seems nice to have flexibility to fine tune run time and power, instead of having output maxed to try to keep up.

Thank you all. I'm not sure how I managed to not find that option.

Variable-speed pump is on my list. We just bought the house with existing pool this year and the single-speed pump was just purchased in 2016, so I can't quite justify replacing it yet, but when the time comes I definitely will.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.