High CH - lower now or wait?

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
My pool is a few months old and the CH has been steadily increasing - probably due to the new plaster - right? Anyway, it seems to have settled at 420. Assuming it will eventually stop curing, what else can make CH rise?

Using the poolcalculator, my CSI is -.2, so I'm still in the safe zone.
Should I replace water immediately to lower CH, or can I wait for evaporation and rains to naturally replace it?

Fill water is another source of calcium. Also, evaporation and rain will not remove calcium unless it rains so much that you get some overflow. Calcium stays behind when water evaporates.

As for replacing the water, if it is pretty stable, then I wouldn't mess with it. 420 ppm is not that high. After a season, my CH goes to 600-800 ppm due to high CH fill water.

It would be a good idea to test your fill water to see if you will be adding any calcium that way. If it is pretty low, they you should be ok for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.