Found a use for the empty bottles of bleach!

Household6

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Remnants of Matthew are swinging through our area. Having gone through Florence without issue, we didn’t prepare the pool area well enough. I stepped outside this morning just in time to see the wind pick up our gazebo and move it about 3’, despite the 20# weights on each leg.

I ran and caught it until the gust died down. Knew I had to do something as things were just starting. Weight. I needed WEIGHT!

Had 15 or so bottles of bleach on-hand, plus retrieved some from the recycles bin and filled with pool water. Found some thick string in the junk drawer. Here’s the result.

Stay safe y’all!

4e8128563e501d6f0ae8af7ef0a3fe6f.jpg

Sweet!

I use bleach bottles to hold down the tarp cover during the winter. ;)

Btw, it’s Michael. Matthew was a couple years ago. :)

Michael is suppose to hit us tonight. Here’s hoping the wind isn’t too bad. I’m expecting the pool to be a mess tomorrow. :(

Remnants of Matthew are swinging through our area. Having gone through Florence without issue, we didn’t prepare the pool area well enough. I stepped outside this morning just in time to see the wind pick up our gazebo and move it about 3’, despite the 20# weights on each leg.

I ran and caught it until the gust died down. Knew I had to do something as things were just starting. Weight. I needed WEIGHT!

Had 15 or so bottles of bleach on-hand, plus retrieved some from the recycles bin and filled with pool water. Found some thick string in the junk drawer. Here’s the result.

Stay safe y’all!

4e8128563e501d6f0ae8af7ef0a3fe6f.jpg

How did your pool look today? Ours was full of leaves and twigs/branches...what a mess! No power either; half the city is without power so it’s gonna be awhile. :(

Stay safe y’all!

You should anchor that gazebo to the ground. Looks like you have pavers installed so it may be little hard but just an idea.

Ok, I’ll be the one who says it. Why didn’t you remove the canopy before the storm came in? :scratch:

‘It’ll be fine’ they said.
Husband believed them.
��

- - - Updated - - -

You should anchor that gazebo to the ground. Looks like you have pavers installed so it may be little hard but just an idea.

You are preaching to the choir!
Not pavers, it’s a solid slab of concrete.
Bought the hammer drill to do it.
Started. Hit rebar. Needed a special bit. Never got finished.

- - - Updated - - -

I must confess I haven’t looked.
I’m so disgusted my ingenious enginiuity didn’t work.

B0C3D6BC-533B-4B0F-92AB-FFC84FD92D20.jpg

Attachments

• 94A35D93-61D4-41C0-A6FE-3CE5D9E1A26D.jpg
    94A35D93-61D4-41C0-A6FE-3CE5D9E1A26D.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 205

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I doubt it. We are 100 miles inland in Fayetteville, NC. (You prob heard lots about our area in the Florence aftermath).

We got real lucky with Florence here (Hampton Roads area). We were expecting lots of rain and tidal flooding, but we didn’t get much of either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.