Leaves Leaves and More Leaves

Sep 25, 2009
On the advice of my PB, we choose to leave the pool open all year. Although we are not heating or swimming, it is nice to hear the waterfall running and be able to look at the pool.

When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed a bunch of leaves in the pool settled along the steps. The skimmer basket was nearly empty and all seemed to be floating in the in the area of the steps. The water was several inches high due to 4" on rain in two days.

When I backwashed to drop the pool level, everything seemed okay. I'm just concerned as to why the leaves collected at the steps and not in the skimmer. Any thoughts.

If the water level gets too high the surface of the water won't flow into the skimmer. It can be deceptive looking from the poolside, but it's easy to see if you open the skimmer lid. If the surface of the water in the skimmer doesn't continue uninterrupted into the pool then you'll get no skimming action. That was probably the issue given 4" of extra water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.