Automation of Aqua-Trol

If AquaTrol is the same as AquaRite then yes you can. But it can't be done with a simple RS-485 to WiFi module. The RS-485 interface needs to takes control of the AquaRite and needs to send and retrieve commands every few milliseconds. So you need a computer with RS-485 interface that you setup as the RS-485 master, and the RS-485 in the AquaRite becomes the slave. You can use a cheap $10 SBC / Raspberry Pi Zero with a $5 USB to RS-485 adapter to do this. Then you need some software to act as the RS-485 master and control the AquaRite then sent the info to Home Assistant. I did exactly this before I could get my Pool Control Panel talking to the AquaRite. It was a LOT of work, and the software was not written for generic consumption, so unless you're a C programmer it won;t be much good.
This project that can do what you want, (software wise), it's designed to do a lot more, so you'll have to play with the configuration a lot.
GitHub - tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController: An application to control pool equipment from various manufacturers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.