TFP Guide
Oct 20, 2017
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Downloaded, tried and paid for the app a couple weeks back. I like it. Suggestion is to remember last used bleach percentage, or add setting to set most used. As is, it defaults to 6%. Since I have 8.25%, I have to manually change it each time I need to add chlorine to get the right amount.

My app remembers the bleach % I use. I add 10% when I need to. Do not have to change it.

Are you logging on to your TFP account within the app?

Yeah, if you have to keep changing it, you’re not staying logged in when you close out the app. When you log in to your TFP account in the app, make sure to check the “keep me logged in” box. (Or remember me, which ever it says)
:cheers:

Yes, I'm logged into my account on the app. There is no option to check to "stay logged in", it automatically stays logged in.

I've added bleach both by clicking the FC botton to get the target and calculation, and by manually adding a specific amount. In both cases it always says 6% bleach.

Is there a spot to enter preferences that I missed?

Running Android 8.

jseyfert3 And React,
I’m very sorry for this issue. To my memory we have the settings programmed to use the last amount however I too seem to be able to recreate the issue. Let me try to catch the developer to see if he’s got any ideas what’s occurring. It’s likely going to take a few as he’s in the process of moving but I’ll do my best to update you ASAP.

Lee

Quick test, let’s start simple even though I suspect it won’t address the issue.

Can you each try logging out of the app the log back in? Let me know what happens.

Quick test, let’s start simple even though I suspect it won’t address the issue.

Can you each try logging out of the app the log back in? Let me know what happens.
I did earlier this afternoon and it didn't make a difference.

Also I checked Play Store and I have the latest version of the app.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's useful at all I could also download and test the device on 2-3 other Android phones/tablets or my wife's iPhone.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I'm not really concerned about a super fast fix. I was just submitting a suggestion. It's just a minor annoyance is all.

- - - Updated - - -

:scratch:

Does your screen look like this?
Yup. Ignore the CYA. It's the only test I haven't logged yet.
Screenshot_20181009-214626.jpg

Hmm. Looking at that screenshot made me realize there are some other bugs. :D

Though the CYA is zero (I assume because I haven't logged it), it says FC range is 4-6. That's the range for CYA of 30, which I had manually typed in previously the last time I did a test (my CYA should be pretty close to 30). But though the target is 4, it says ”target is out of range”. That's acting like a CYA of 0, where the target is 1-3, even though it says target of 4-6. If I change the CYA to 0 or 1, the suggested range updates, and if I take the CYA back to 30 then the message of being out of target range goes away.

I went ahead and logged a CYA of 30 just now, and it populates as 30 into the FC screen.

Also worth noting is that last time I manually typed a target of 5 in. Is that supposed to remember target preference as well? It always defaults to 4.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.