Switching from pristine blue to chlorine...HELP!

Good Morning All-
Good news- The overnight test passed! However, here are some details that may change things:
1) I did not have a floating chlorine dispenser...I solved that problem and put two 3" discs in it to help catch up.
2) I used dichlor to up the chlorine due to supply issues with liquid bleech. Specifically, i used powedered chlorine from leslies, but not cal-hypo.
3) The test after dark last night was the same as this morning- FC, 2.5 CC, .5
My plan is to add another dose of dichlor today to up the chorine level and then sustain.
Thoughts? Again, I really appreciate everyone's time.
Mike

Why are you adding more CYA? Your last reported CYA level was 60 ppm, too high already. Please stop using the solid chlorine products and use liquid chlorine / bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Your FC for the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test was far too low. Follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] and maintain the FC in the target range.

Good Morning-
For some reason my replies this weekend did not post-
The good news is that the water passed the overnight test- the results were the same the night before as they were the next AM.
A comprehensive test Sunday afternoon showed everything at acceptable levels and the water looks great.
It is a little high on chlorine ate trying to get it up, but that will lower naturally over the next few days (I hope).
I appreciate all the help and am looking forward to transitioning to maintenance stage from here!
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.