Intellipro VS3050 to Aqualink RS Connection

Dec 8, 2009
As part of a new solar heat install, my contractor installed an Sta Rite VS 3050 (Model P6E6Y4H-209L) multi speed pump. The solar array is way up on the far side of a two story roof, and the pump needs to be on a high speed to move adequate water up to and through the panels. I already have an Aqualink RS control panel. Can I connect the VS 3050 directly to the Aqualink (through the correct RS cable) so that I can set the pump speed to reduce RPM when the solar is not needed? If so, can this be handled by me or should I get a contractor? I'm handy mechanically.

With an AquaLink RS, you'll need a Pentair Intellicom 1 (PN# 520641). This is essentially a language translator which takes the Jandy commands and translates them into something the IntelliFlo/IntelliPro can understand. I am not sure if the Intellicom 2 (PN# 521109) is compatible with the Sta-Rite based IntelliPro VS-3050 (4x160) but if it is, I'd opt for that instead, as it is much smaller and can actually be installed inside of your automation box and out of sight. This will give you the provision for speeding up the pump for things like solar heating, or spa use.

Thanks for your input. The Aqualink RS control box is model 6613/6614 and is s/n B06RSALB0573. The Aqualink pad in the house is model 8157, and reports that we have Type RS 6 Combo, and has Firmware L. The on-line install manual on the Jandy web site for the Aqualink RS suggests that it will link to an Intellipro VS type pump.

What is the pool using?

Lights Tied together and turn all on/off with one button? Or split Pool/Spa light buttons?
Pool sweep booster?
Blower for a spa?
Booster for a spa?

I think it needs M level code to do native control for the VS. There is an U/G path offered by Jandy. It isn't cheap but might be your best route. Your indoor pad may need an U/G too.

Scott
PoolGuyNJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.