Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: This one is for me....

1. Back To Top    #121

Re: This one is for me....

Build it, chain yourself to roof with nothing on but a pink thong tutu, call the local news station, and then dare the city to come and tear it all down!!!

Hey, it’s California, nuttier things have happened there....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #122

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post

Hey, it’s California, nuttier things have happened there....
    Daily!

The planner finally called me back and basically said all of my comparables had "landscape buffers" which makes them standard lots...I have landscaping on the street side of my wall... Why is mine not a buffer???

The craziest thing is the house directly across the street from me was built 5ft from their property line. The planner said that house is "existing non-conforming" then went on to tell me that my only option is to change the design of the patio.

-Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

3. Back To Top    #123

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    The craziest thing is the house directly across the street from me was built 5ft from their property line. The planner said that house is "existing non-conforming" then went on to tell me that my only option is to change the design of the patio.

BRAT!!!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #124

In the Industry

Here's what I'm kicking around. I'm not really sure a balcony would be worth it since I don't see it getting a lot of use. The other one is probably what I'll end up going with.

I feel like I gave since I'm not fighting the city more on the original plan but I guess I should be happy to build anything at all...

Untitled 7.jpg

Untitled 6.jpg
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

5. Back To Top    #125

I am really liking that balcony! Spiral staircase up to there and just hang out and watch the night sky. You have a view of up higher? That would make it worth it!
    TFP - Come for advice, stay for the education, leave with knowledge -
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. 20,000 gallons. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom Disney Mickey markers. pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED's. ET 4/SL. tf-100/ salt kit

6. Back To Top    #126

Both would work. I like Jim's idea of the spiral staircase as well. It is so classy looking. BUT like you I don't see it getting a lot of use once the novelty is over.

You gave it a VERY good fight. They put up firm stops so it is time to move on and do what you can do and make it work.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #127

TFP Guide

Assuming thatís your bedroom up by the balcony, it might save you a trip down your stair lift chair when you are geeziní in order to get some fresh air.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #128

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Assuming that’s your bedroom up by the balcony, it might save you a trip down your stair lift chair when you are geezin’ in order to get some fresh air.
    lol

Too funny
    TFP - Come for advice, stay for the education, leave with knowledge -
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. 20,000 gallons. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom Disney Mickey markers. pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED's. ET 4/SL. tf-100/ salt kit

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567