Sand in my pool...not from sand filter

Hello,

I am a first time pool owner and have a small issue. I recently had an issue where my pool liner was floating. I looked a couple of threads on here and found a great way to get the water from behind the liner by utilizing the pools pump. It worked great but what I did not do was put the filter on to “waste” as opposed to it’s normal cycle. Now I have sand in my pool and it did NOT come from the sand filter that I have. It came from underneath the lining of my pool via removing the water behind the pool liner.

I have since put my Dolphin DX2 vacuum in to the pool to suck up the sand from the bottom which so far working. I have also put Sea Klean Chitosan Clarifier into my pool. My question is will the clarifier also work on the sand particles that are floating around in the pool?

I apologize if this seems like a novice question but I just want to make sure that I am doing everything I can to keep my pool clean.

Welcome to TFP! Apparently you have a Dolphin and a sand filter, you can add those to your signature. If what you are seeing is actually floating around, then it is likely either dust or sand fines rather than sand. Sand will sink to the bottom to be vacuumed and returned to the filter. If your pool was finished with vermiculite before the liner was installed, that is a more likely source. Clarifiers aren't really needed. If the material is making it through the filter then adding a SMALL amount of DE (I've used cellulose fiber to good effect) to the sand filter will "preload" the filter to increase the efficiency. WATCH the GAUGE! A rapid increase in pressure due to the filter collecting more debris is likely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.