how much antifreeze AGP

Dec 6, 2009
how much antifreeze should I put into an ABP which holds 18000 gallons. I an in NC so we don't really get TOO MUCH in the way of frozen up.I am using the BBB method. My pool is still open with just a leaf net on.Welcome your advice. Rosie :

lindadavid1949 said:
how much antifreeze should I put into an ABP which holds 18000 gallons. I an in NC so we don't really get TOO MUCH in the way of frozen up.I am using the BBB method. My pool is still open with just a leaf net on.Welcome your advice. Rosie :
Welcome to the forum, Rosie :)

My understanding is that antifreeze (in above ground capped pipes) is optional. Blowing them out, on the other hand, is not when you expect extended cold (sub 30 degree) temperatures. The amount of antifreeze varies with how many pipes and their length and diameter. You don't want to actually add antifreeze to the pool water, of course. For a general closing procedure, see this link.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.