Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how much antifreeze AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

how much antifreeze AGP

how much antifreeze should I put into an ABP which holds 18000 gallons. I an in NC so we don't really get TOO MUCH in the way of frozen up.I am using the BBB method. My pool is still open with just a leaf net on.Welcome your advice. Rosie :
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how much antifreeze AGP

Quote Originally Posted by lindadavid1949
    how much antifreeze should I put into an ABP which holds 18000 gallons. I an in NC so we don't really get TOO MUCH in the way of frozen up.I am using the BBB method. My pool is still open with just a leaf net on.Welcome your advice. Rosie :
    Welcome to the forum, Rosie

My understanding is that antifreeze (in above ground capped pipes) is optional. Blowing them out, on the other hand, is not when you expect extended cold (sub 30 degree) temperatures. The amount of antifreeze varies with how many pipes and their length and diameter. You don't want to actually add antifreeze to the pool water, of course. For a general closing procedure, see this link.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009