LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
Can you guess which one is ours?

which_pool.jpg

Hint: we use BBB . . .

AnnaK said:
Can you guess which one is ours?
Besides envying all of that land you have around your house we certainly don't envy your neighbor's pool! I use Google Earth to survey my neighborhood (most of the pools in our area are serviced and don't appear to suffer as much as your neighbor's.) Google apparently snapped the satellite pics of our street during the week in June 2007 just prior to our 'big dig'... when my yard was a wasteland after having removed our redwood deck and gardens to make room for the pool. My old HotSprings spa is turned on it's side and visible in the driveway, right before transport. Keep hoping they'll re-do their photos so I can have something more than a dirt terrace to brag about.

Uh . . . ya, right, Ted :)

Joe's pool looks like that all the time. I only once offered to help him clear up his water and he said no thanks, he likes to tinker. So he tinkers but nobody actually ever swims in it though they do drop a couple of brightly coloured inflatables in the pool during the season.

Polyvue, this particular image came from aerial maps at bing.com. I'm guessing it was taken in May or June. The steps are already in the pool but all that's blooming is the pink dogwood and the azaleas which happens late May/early June. I don't have the Dodge truck anymore, donated it to charity in 2007, so the image is May/June 2007.

Off to the left of the pool deck right along the white fence you can see my "lab" - an old pickup truck camper with old tires on its roof to weigh down the tarp. That has now been painted with some sort of yucky gummy white paint and the tires are gone. I use the camper to do my testing - that sink comes in handy, and it's a cabana/pool toy storage and occasional potting shed. Oh yes, and to the right of the pool is our Casita travel trailer which serves as our guest house when we're not on the road.

I love these aerial and satellite shots to look at our place, the neighbourhood, F&F's homes; what I'm not at all fond of is Google's street view. Oh, it's fine to see where other people live but when it's your own house out there for the world to see it's kind of different. I just realized this weekend they photographed my husband riding the lawn tractor with a trailer attached down the road to the landscaper's place to bring home a load of mulch.

Our lives. On Google. Oh joy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.