Where do you store liner for AGP?

JRS7

Aug 10, 2009
The manual said not to store the liner anywhere the temp would be freezing...where the heck do you store it??? We put it in a closet in the house, and now the closet and everything in it smells nasty!! Why can't I store the liner in one of my sheds that isn't heated?

Anyone else store their liner somewhere that the temp gets below freezing?

is this one of those pools you put up for the summer and store in the winter? Like an Intex pool? Anways, just store it somewhere where it is free of pests and chemicals. freezing isn't going to really do anything to it. (vinyl lined pools stay outside all the time). The only thing I can think of as to why they would want you to do this is because vinyl will stiffen up and become more brittle when very cold which could make it easier to damage. Also the freeze thaw cycle could maybe lower it's lifespan but isn't really an issue.

X-PertPool said:
is this one of those pools you put up for the summer and store in the winter? Like an Intex pool? Anways, just store it somewhere where it is free of pests and chemicals. freezing isn't going to really do anything to it. (vinyl lined pools stay outside all the time). The only thing I can think of as to why they would want you to do this is because vinyl will stiffen up and become more brittle when very cold which could make it easier to damage. Also the freeze thaw cycle could maybe lower it's lifespan but isn't really an issue.

Cool...then it's going outside to the shed!! The whole closet smells like mold, or something.....

So is it an intex pool or what? :shock:

I ordered a liner once and stored it in the box in a spare bedroom til I was ready for it! The box said not to let it freeze but I have a HUGE house and it was out of the way...

The thing about those intex pools is that they have to be very dry and as clean as you can get them befor you roll them up and store them. We put ours in a unheated corner of our basement, for the winters.I don't remember any bad smells comming from them, but who knows? We don't spend much time down there either except to store things and work out with the weights. Kim

I've taken down an Intex or three.
Yeah, I suppose that if you have lots of time and decent weather, and some magic elves, you can clean them and dry them after you knock them down, but the reality is that they are wet and really nasty on the bottom when one tries to put it away. There is always some trapped water in it, so the inside can get kinda icky too. I wouldn't want to store one inside the house.

I had an intex 15 foot by 42 inches...or something like that. I took it down and set it up for five years...never had a problem with it. But after time the seems got a little week and I popped a seam after the 5th summer. I used to wash and clean each season end, and then I would put it over the swingset to let it dry out on the inside and the outside. Always clean the bottom of the pool on the outside to get what ever mud and junk off of it. But I always stored it in my garage...I put it off the floor on a wooden table. Like I said, five years of doing that. I am not sure that it is made to last much more than 5 or 6 years. So I would not worry about it too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.