duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Her owner is inept with a camera but, during this slow period on the forum, I thought ya'll might like a couple of pics of "Molly".

She is a 1.5 year old 50-50 mix of Labrador and Border Collie. I've owned many dogs....this one can fly!

If you can make it out, she's jumping (from the edge of the pool in the background) out for her white ball barely visible on the far right. In the next picture, you can sorta see she landed just a little short but her momentum carries her right to the ball. She will entertain guests for hours but her jumps get a little shorter during that time.[attachment=2:1o3633x0]100_1707.JPG[/attachment:1o3633x0][attachment=1:1o3633x0]100_1711.JPG[/attachment:1o3633x0][attachment=0:1o3633x0]100_1803.JPG[/attachment:1o3633x0]

Attachments

• 100_1707.JPG
    100_1707.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1711.JPG
    100_1711.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1803.JPG
    100_1803.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 23
I see you have a swimmer too! We should get Molly and Casey together sometime and have a few beers while we throw the balls to the girls! :cheers:

She is beautiful!

I'll tell ya though Dave, some of my best times are playing by the pool side with Casey, watching her swim and dive. She's the best water dog I've ever had and makes the summers so fun! :mrgreen:

Molly would be so jealous of Casey's diving skills she may not want to play. Perhaps two balls....one that floats and one that sinks!!

BTW, I've heard people talk about a TV show that features long-jumping retrievers. How far do those dogs jump? Molly appears to get out about 20+ feet when she gets a running start.

Great pics Dave. She is a very good looking dog. I'm very partial to BC's. Had them for many years. :-D
The dog hair in the pool isn't an issue?????

Ortho,

Thanks! This is my first experience with Border Collies and, even tho she's a mix, her intensity and intelligence is amazing.

Surprisingly, she sheds very, very little and the skimmer basket seems to catch almost all of it. I think I'll use a skimmer sock next spring and see if some of the hair has been getting through.....probably need to look at the impellor, too.

As far as dog hair, I thought that's what the filter and skimmer was for! :lol: :mrgreen:

Here's a pic of Casey diving for a toypedo...

Of course she got it! :lol:

I could see them now Dave! They'd have the time of their lives swimming in that GIGANTIC pool of yours! Least I know Casey would!

You should have been here when I was getting the pool set up. I prepared the bottom before the walls got set up because I was getting anxious. Well, she blew through the sand and I had a fit and told her it was for our pool. You know, she never came over my way even if I called her cuz she knew what I was doing. :lol: She didn't wanna mess it up! She was right there crying though when I dropped the liner in. She knew I was gettin her pool ready! :cool:

Casey is unbelievable :shock: I can't believe she goes under water like that. Maybe I'll try my dogs in the pool this summer :-D. So far, the only thing they've done is run around the edge. Even with that I still got dog hair in the skimmer sock, but if I could get mine to jump and dive like Casey and Molly, it would be worth it.
Great pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:lol: Thanks!

I tell people, it's not my pool, it's her pool! She goes crazy if she see's you grab a towel and swimsuit! My dd get's mad and says, But I don't wanna swim with Casey! I say, What makes you think she wants to swim with you?! :mrgreen: :lol:

I won't ever own another hardcore swimmin dog like her. I just know I won't so I am enjoying her as much as I possibly can. She's gettin as many grays as I am! But boy oh boy, she loves that pool just as much as I do and I keep it in tip top shape for her and anyone else who wants to use it! You just have to swim with her and if you can't do that then you best stay out of her pool! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.