Is everyone in Houston running their pumps FRZ mode past 3

I'm just north of Houston, and I am STRESSED. This is our first winter and first freeze with the pool and I have no idea what is supposed to be happening. My PB doesn't answer his phone, so I'm going on the advice of message boards like this one.

Travis

I hear you tjt040774. Same boat as you....my guess, as long as we keep water moving through the pipes we'll be ok..rather pay the electric bill than replacing pipes, etc...As the other post says, temps. will go back up in 2 days and is back to normal...

Not sure what the deal is with mine right now. Runs for a while, shuts down. Runs for a while, shuts down. I think the temp is hovering right around the freeze protect temp. I wish it would just drop to 30 already and stay there until morning and the sun pops out. Arrggg.

P.S. My wife thinks I've completely lost it.

Travis

Travis - I have the Intelliflo pump and with the freeze mode activated for the pool, spa and water feature, they all run in 15 min cycles at top speed when the air temp gets to ~35F. This started today about 3p and is continuing.

I think I'm OK now. The temp has dropped a little here and is currently at 34 on my PDA; however, I also think the temp is off. I will look at adjusting that tomorrow if I can. I went out there just a little while ago, and the actuator had flipped and was cycling the spa water. I must say the Jandy instruction booklet didn't offer much in the way of what to expect from the freeze protect feature. Oh well, seems to be working so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.